Pfarrkirche "St. Kastor" in Weiler
In 1330 a church consecrated to Castor von Karden was first mentioned in a document in Weiler. Peter Wtzerath, who was pastor in Weiler from 1693 to 1737, financed the construction of the baroque church, which was consecrated in 1728. The organ was installed in 1785 by the Stumm brothers from Sulzbach and expanded in 1876 by the organ builder Dasbach. In 1906 the plans for the church expansion were presented by master builder Johann Adam Rüppel from Bonn. While retaining the hall structure and the old church tower from 1727, a neo-Gothic transept and a choir were built. The Marien altar from the old church was taken over. In 1908, a high altar was installed by the Porten Brothers art joinery from Münstermaifeld. On June 20, 1909, the consecration of the church took place. In 1908, a high altar was installed by the Porten Brothers art joinery from Münstermaifeld. On June 20, 1909, the church was consecrated by Auxiliary Bishop Karl Ernst Schrod from Trier. The evangelists Matthew, Mark, Luke and John can be seen at the baroque pulpit. In the central aisle on the right are the skluptures of St. Jude Thaddäus, St. Anthony, St. Francis and St. Aloisius. On the left in the central nave are the figures of St. Theresa of the Child Jesus and St. Elisabeth of Thuringia. On the right in the transept are de Joseph's altar, the basalt baptismal font and a stele with the relic of St. Castor.